Friday, March 18, 2011

End of the First Quarter

The first quarter of graduate school is over, my final papers have been turned in and my stress level somewhat reduced. I shared the first three weeks of each class previously to give you a taste of my classes. If you have any interest in either please let me know, I am more than willing to share.

Summary of the Quarter:
I LOVED my Debord class. It spurred numerous quality conversations with friends, family and co-workers. It completely changed my life for the better. I hope to stay in touch with new friends and Professor Winston is truly an amazing woman. It was the most positive experience I have had in a long time, and this class confirmed that I am doing the right thing, following this literature thing for myself rather than business for my career.

My other class was ok. I enjoyed the readings, and will be looking into some new authors to explore for pleasure. I did finally open up a little in class and meet a few people, I am sure I will see them again as I progress in the program. In the end, I disappointed myself with this class. For our first paper, I wrote a B paper, and got the deserved B. I have been beating myself up about it ever since, and turned myself into a basket case trying to outdo myself for the final paper-- but still convinced that in my professors mind I am nothing more than a B student. *sigh. Had the class had more direction, or focused on a more concrete set of ideas, I think I could have been more interested and thus been able to write a decent paper, as it was, I still have no idea what the class was about.

I am looking forward to next quarter, which starts in 2 weeks. I'm enrolled in a class about the Beat generation and one about Dante's Inferno. Both should be interesting. Look for more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...