Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 3: Debord

Art. Our fundamental concept of art is the final product. When you think of art you are lead to an idea of a particular painting, a piece of music, a film. And, if you love culture and art as much as I do, you may reflect upon several experiences of enjoyment at various museums around the world.

See this (one of my favorites) at The Cleveland Museum of Art


(side note: Top Museums I've visited thus far: Louvre, MOMA, The Cleveland Museum of Art , The Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Art Institute of Chicago)

But that's not really art. That is our capitalist mindset separating art and showing us a product. Art is a process. I am sure you have learned this at some point in your lifetime, that art is not the final product but the process/adventure in which it was created.

The situationist believed we should all be experiencing this process of art, all the time, in every day life. I'm going to have to agree. I just need to figure out how to make it happen.


(And, I need to schedule a trip to the museum!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...